Corporate Governance and Labour Management
An International Comparison
Howard Gospel og Andrew Pendleton
Oxford University Press 2004, 325 s. ISBN 0-19-926367-1
Bogomtale fra forlaget.
This book is about the relationship between corporate governance
regimes and labour management. It examines how finance and governance
influence employment relationships, work organization, and industrial
relations by means of a comparative analysis of Anglo-American, European,
and Japanese economies. By drawing on a wide range of countries, the book
is able to demonstrate the complexities of corporate governance
arrangements and to present a more precise and nuanced exploration of the
linkages between governance and labour management.
Researchers, academics, and advanced students
of Management Studies, Industrial and Labour Relations, Organization
Studies, Industrial Economics, Politics, and Sociology.
- Wofgang Streeck: Preface
- 1 Howard Gospel and Andrew Pendleton: Corporate Governance and
Labour Management: An International Comparison
- 2 Sanford Jacoby: Corporate Governance and Employees in the United
- 3 Andrew Pendleton and Howard Gospel: Markets and Relationships:
Finance, Governance, and Labour in the United Kingdom
- 4 Gregory Jackson, Martin Höpner, and Antje Kudelbusch: Corporate
Governance and Employees in Germany: Changing Linkages,
Complementarities, and Tensions
- 5 Bernd Frick and Erik Lehmann: Corporate Governance in Germany:
Ownership, Codetermination, and Firm Performance in a Stakeholder
- 6 Erik Poutsma and Geert Braam: Corporate Governance and Labour
Management in the Netherlands: Getting the Best of Both Worlds?
- 7 Michel Goyer and Robert Hancke: Labour in French Corporate
Governance: The Missing Link
- 8 Ruth Aguilera: Corporate Governance and Employment Relations:
Spain in the Context of Western Europe
- 9 Sandro Trento: Corporate Governance and Industrial Relations in
- 10 Takashi Araki: Corporate Governance, Labour, and Employment
Relations in Japan: The Future of the Stakeholder Model?
- 11 Gregory Jackson: Towards a Comparative Perspective on Corporate
Governance and Labour Management: Enterprise Coalitions and National